Technical Sales Representative
We are a leading manufacturers’ representative in hydronics heating and cooling systems distribution for Upstate NY and Western PA. Our primary manufacturer, Xylem, Inc., leads the industry with recognized names of Bell & Gossett and Goulds. We specialize in pumps, valves, heat exchangers and other products to handle water and steam in the heating and plumbing industry. We are a 100% ESOP Company with every employee owner supporting our corporate values to provide the best in customer service.
We are currently seeking an Inside Technical Sales Representative to join our team to assist with the Plan & Specification market. We have an experienced staff that can provide the proper training and support, as needed, for the right individual.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare proposals using company pricing guidelines and collaboration with outside sales representatives.
- Provides assistance in bidding construction projects:
- Assist with project takeoff
- Select proper equipment utilizing computer selection programs.
- Enter equipment in CPQ system
- Provides technical support to customer base on proper application and installation for products sold.
- Acquire technical expertise and maintain relevance in our industry by taking advantage of the available educational opportunities.
- Support efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Engineering preferred, or years of technical work experience
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with computer systems and/or be able to learn new systems easily
- Must be self-directed and display strong initiative to complete goals
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence. We thank all interested applicants in advance. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.